Probate Complete Service includes:
Free initial face to face meeting with a local Probate Consultant at home or another location of your choice in England or Wales.
We take full responsibility for getting the Grant of Probate and dealing with the Legal, Tax (excluding VAT), Property and Estate Administration affairs.
We deal with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on your behalf.
Probate Fixed Fee Service can include the following Legal, Tax, Estate Administration and Property matters depending on your requirements;
- Preparing the necessary documentation for the Grant of Probate application
- Carrying out all necessary checks to ensure the validity of any Will in existence
- When there is no valid Will, applying the Rules of Intestacy to the Estate of the deceased to identify the Personal Representatives and Beneficiaries and to establish the entitlement of the Beneficiaries
- Applying to the Probate Registry and obtaining the Grant of Probate
- Ensuring the accurate distribution of the Estate
- Placing all statutory adverts to establish whether there are any claims against the Estate, or arranging Early Distribution Insurance
- Assessing variations to the distribution of the Estate (drafting the Deed of Variation is at an additional cost)
- Completing the following tax forms for HMRC:
- The Income Tax return from 6th April to the date of death.
- The appropriate Inheritance Tax form, either an IHT 205 or IHT 400.
- The Capital Gains Tax return, if required.
- Conducting all correspondence with HMRC relevant to completing the above tax forms.
- Taking any corrective action required by HMRC during the Estate administration process.
- Claiming any relevant tax reliefs or exemptions applicable to the Estate.
- Calculating any Inheritance Tax, Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax that is owed.
- Ensuring payment of any outstanding tax from the Estate.
- Calculating and arranging for the transfer of any Nil Rate Band or Residence Nil Rate Band allowance if available, in order to reduce Inheritance Tax.
- Identifying and corresponding with the Personal Representatives and beneficiaries of the Estate throughout the Estate administration process.
- Identifying and corresponding with all financial institutions and organisations relevant to the Estate throughout the Estate administration process.
- Identifying, verifying and valuing all assets based in England and Wales.
- Gathering all the assets of the Estate.
- Transferring all jointly held assets into sole name, including property held as joint tenants.
- Paying any debts and liabilities from the Estate.
- Preparing the Estate Accounts.
- Distributing the Estate to the Beneficiaries and Trustees of any Trusts created by the Will
If there is a property in the Estate, our Fixed Fee Probate Service includes where necessary:
- Ensuring that any existing buildings and contents insurer is fully aware of the change in circumstances and making sure that appropriate insurance is in place (where insurance is not in place we can arrange cover at an additional cost)
- Setting up a Royal Mail redirect to ourselves during the administration so we can manage all the affairs of the Estate.
For an additional fee, we can also deal with the following:
- Transferring ownership of registered property from the deceased to the beneficiaries.
- Appointing a specialist Conveyancer to register any unregistered land at HM Land Registry, if required.
- We will notify you of any additional fees relating to our property services before we start work on them.
Non committal pricing | Employment Law | HR and Employment Law for Business | Probate
CORRESPONDENCE AND MEETING ADDRESS
Deen and Co Solicitors
18th Floor, 40 Bank Street,
Canary Wharf, London,